This selection is intended to include all important
and all user-visible changes.
For a complete record of all changes, please see the "source-changes"
mailing list, called "OpenBSD CVS"
in the archives,
or use CVS.
For changes in other releases, click below:
Changes made between OpenBSD 6.5 and -current
- Set vlan(4) to use if_vinput instead of if_input, bypassing ifiqs and improving vlan input speeds.
- Added if_vinput so pseudo (ethernet) interfaces can bypass ifiqs, running interface input handlers directly rather than queuing the packets for a nettq to run and improving performance.
- Disabled mobileip(4).
- Added support for rxprio to gre(4).
- Implemented the roff(7) .break request, preventing infinite loops.
- Built clang(1) on powerpc.
- Used IPL_TTY to prevent 'locking against myself' panics for drm/i915.
- Fixed crashes seen with the 'intel' X driver with the new inteldrm(4) kernel driver by fixing rbtree_postorder_for_each_entry_safe() implementation.
- Fixed unreliable 'ifconfig mode' with some wireless drivers by interpreting ENETRESET from ifm_change() as success in ifmedia_ioctl().
- Added stdio pledge(2) to nl(1) after opening a file but before doing operations.
- Completed conversion of rdsetroot(8) to -lelf on alpha.
- Adjusted dma-range bufcache to 80% from 20%, to learn the downsides of this change based on user reports.
- Avoided an underflow in the rip6 delivered counter in netstat(1).
- Fixed netstat(1) statistics so 'netstat -s -f inet6 -p rip6' correctly copies out rip6counters, not ip6counters.
- Adapted radeon_detach_kms() to struct drm_device being split from drm softc. Avoids uvm_fault() when firmware is missing and radeondrm(4) is forcibly detached.
- Added a subsystem lock for vfs_lockf.c, allowing calling lf_advlock() and lf_purgelocks() without the kernel lock.
- Implemented factored-out txprio and rxprio checks.
- Implemented rxprio in mpw(4), mpe(4) and mpip(4). Added rxprio support to etherip(4) and bpe(4).
- Added support to ifconfig(8) for getting and setting rxprio, finishing support for RFC 2983. Implemented configuring rxprio in vlan(4).
- Modified pfctl(8) to always check for namespace collisions on table commands.
- Fixed pfctl(8) table definition parsing as unprivileged user, printing a brief notice if -v was given to help find duplicate definitions by hand.
- Modified sshd(8) -T to assume any attribute not provided by -C does not match, allowing it to work when sshd_config(5) contains a Match directive with or without -C.
- Released OpenSSH 8.0.
- Switched powerpc to big PIC to allow clang(1) to build libc++abi and libc++.
- Used txprio to control the use of exp as a priority field for mpw(4), mpip(4) and mpe(4). Intermediate LSPs can use the exp field to manage prioritization of encapsulated traffic.
- Prevented attaching drivers to devices for which a driver was attached early with simplebus on armv7 and arm64.
- Adjusted myx(4) i2c reads to read only one byte at a time, increasing reliability.
- Fixed sff page reads for myx(4) devices on little endian architectures.
- Rewrote rdsetroot(8) using libelf(3).
- Imported xf86-video-amdgpu 19.0.1 for amd64 and i386.
- Implemented tx mitigation by calling the hardware transmit routine per several packets rather than for individual packets. Defers calls to the transmit routine to a network taskq, or until a backlog of packets has built up.
- Introduced 'pfctl -FR' to reset pfctl(8) settings to defaults.
- Removed old -vlan and -vlandev code from ifconfig(8), using these instead as aliases for -vnetid and -parent.
- Added basic support to ifconfig(8) to display xfp and qsfp+ information.
- Implemented SIOCGIFSFFPAGE to allow ifconfig(8) to get transceiver information from myx(4) devices.
- Applied strvis(3) to strings from USB devices in usbdevs(8).
- Removed the potential for double-frees in copied cipher data by zeroing and freeing following EVP_CIPHER_CTX_copy() in evp(3). Used calloc(3) when allocating cipher_data to avoid use of uninitialized memory.
- Updated shared drm code, inteldrm(4) and radeondrm(4) to linux 4.19.34. This adds support for Intel Broxton/Apollo Lake, Amber Lake, Gemini Lake, Coffee Lake, Whiskey Lake, Cannon Lake and Ice Lake hardware.
- Stopped using splnet(9) when running the network stack now that it is using the NET_LOCK for protection, reducing latency spikes.
- Increased information displayed for -v and -vv options for tcpdump(8) during md5 authentication.
- Added missing compatibles for newer Linux kernel bindings to mvpinctrl(4).
- Fixed a leak in SSL_dup_CA_list() in ssl(3).